Monday, January 29, 2007

Bus 174

The issue that stuck out to me was that of the street kids in Brazil. I couldn't believe how many kids were living in poverty on the streets of Brazil. These children and adolescents had to steal in order to survive, and they weren't given any help by the government or citizens of their nation. It reminded me of the Disney movie Aladdin how these kids fought for survival and people hated them but wouldn't do anything to help them out. Issues like this haven't really been talked about in the United States that I can think of. The closest issue that comes to mind is that of gangs but these groups seem to be more violent oriented. I could be totally wrong because I don't know much about these groups. I truly hope that children are more cherished here in the U.S.A. and we don't have situations of "street kids" like that of Brazil.

No comments: